Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Update and Change

I FINALLY have longer than just 5 minutes to blog....


Fall is here so I decided to revamp the layout. As I have gotten older Fall has become my favorite season. Summer a close second. Anyway, so what do you think? I may change the photo because we were wearing glasses on the boat in our last big photo, as well. This photo was taken while we were on a hike last October.

On to the update.....
School has been keeping me extra busy. I wanted to share with you an assignment I had in one of my classes this semester. In my Pedagogy of Diverse Student Population class we were asked to create a puzzle depicting how you came to be the person that you are today. In other words, what, how, and by whom was your current persona shaped? It was suppose to be a reflection of my heritage. For those of you that know me, know that this assignment bothered me...I love clear directions, and she deliberately gave vague directions so that each students' interpretations and products would reflect their individuality.
So this is what I constructed (with the help of my creative mom). I also created a PowerPoint to show in the background. I chose a cake because my family, including me, love to bake and we love dessert. I chose chocolate icing because we are CHOCOLATE lovers. Each of the pieces on the cake represent something that is apart of who I am today. For example I divided it into sections (which I presented to the class) 1. Education 2. Faith, Family, and Friends 3. Community Service/Volunteering 4. Characteristics. I will have to say, it was a hit - maybe because the class got to eat a piece of the cake!




Cookies we took to the first HOG game!!

I am so excited to use all of our new RAZORBACK dishes we got as wedding gifts!


Beautiful sunflower's that Justin got for me at the Farmer's Market.

Last but certainly not least. I was talking to my best friend the other day, she and her husband are currently in a place of waiting and I thought about this song. I don't have to be afraid because I know that you love me...Your love never fails.
An incredible older man, who serves with us at church and he serves overseas training missionaries, found out he has Hepatitis and other illnesses and I thought about this song. I don't have to be afraid because I know that you love me....Your love never fails.
I have been "all over the place" when it comes to my walk with God in the past but He never changes - His love never changes. It is so refreshing to know wherever we are in life - on a high or in a valley waiting - He is right there and He makes all things work together for our good. I want to share this song with you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G_Xj3WAGBk

No comments: