[please excuse the picture of a picture - we did not get the rights to our wedding images]
Monday, November 29, 2010
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Sunday, November 14, 2010
[today is a list kind of day]
- Early Saturday morning mom picked me up and we updated our registry at Target. Originally, I think I had only registered for 4 items.
- Next, we made our way to T J Max and More where my sweet mom bought Brody 3 super cute onesies and another baby polo shirt.
- We ran into a couple other stores and then grabbed lunch at Oak Street Bistro - a fabulous little spot in our town. I'm hooked on potato soup right now!
- After lunch we headed down town to register at a couple other stores. Having my mom along side me was so much fun and she was such a big help!
- Today I registered us for our child-birth class. Yes, we will do a class because I want to know as much as possible before he arrives. J isn't to thrilled about the class; however, I did sign us up for the 9-4 Saturday class verses the class that meets 4 times a month. We'll knock it out in one day!
- I also ordered the glider for his nursery today, as well as a rug and other accessories. Have I mentioned my LOVE for Serena and Lily! :)
No "preg Meg" update today...we didn't get a picture and I'm currently fixing dinner and baking, so there is no time. I will leave you on a fabulous note....I'm welcoming my third trimester today! Yippee!
Have a grand week!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
So, we've had his first name picked out since we knew we were having a boy; however, it took us about 7 months to finally decide on his middle name- the name he will go by.
One of the first boy names I mentioned to Justin was Brody. My girlfriends know I've liked that name for awhile. J dismissed that idea at first. A couple weeks ago he came in from work and vocalized his love of the name Brody. I was so thrown off because the last time I mentioned it (6 months ago) he didn't care for the name. It was like I had never mentioned it to him and he had just thought of the idea for the first time. I stared at him in confusion, and proceeded to tell him that I had already let go of that name since he dismissed it a while back. He told me he started to think about names he would want to be called and that he really liked Brody. The rest is history. It didn't take much convincing for me to picture our little boy (and one day big boy) as a Brody.
Brody is Irish, and my maiden name is Irish so we thought that was a cool connection as well.
"You saw me before I was born. Everyday of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed."
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Stats: Head-to-toe he is a full 15 inches (more than a foot long)!!
Movement: Throughout the day!
Food: Still no cravings. He is bound to like apples, oranges, and whole wheat bread because I eat those foods everyday!
Favorite moment of the week: This afternoon...getting to see our little prince charming again on the screen and hearing his heartbeat! Also, having my mom there with us was an added joy.
Unfortunately we didn't get a good picture this time because he is breach at the moment, so we're praying that he moves positions before he gets too big. Like most women I would like a natural delivery.
I can't believe we start our two week visits now. Time sure has flown by! This time next week I'll be welcoming my third trimester!