Monday, January 21, 2013

Baby GIRL

We were a bit shocked at 14 weeks when our doctor said, after looking at our sweet pea, that she was 95% certain it was a GIRL. We both thought it would be another boy. I always thought I would be a mom to boys, and I was completely happy about it.

We decided we would wait to tell everyone until 18 weeks when she confirmed it. This was SO hard for me! Usually, I'm the one who can keep a secret and I love surprises, but all I wanted to do was tell anyone and everyone. Justin, on the other hand, was okay with the wait. If you know him you know how SHOCKing this was to me.

At 18 and a half weeks she confirmed it was indeed a sweet little girl and we both lit up! I think Justin is scared to death, but he's SO excited at the same time. He only had brothers growing up, and he can only imagine how much she will have him wrapped around her finger.

As I've mentioned before, I always wanted a big brother, so I'm ecstatic for my babies to have that relationship.

We appreciate all the love and prayers we've received and I know will continue to receive. Our hearts are overjoyed.







2 comments:

kate said...

Somehow I'm just catching on that you are pregnant and now with a baby GIRL! Congratulations to your sweet family. What a blessing it is to have a boy and a girl. :) And I can speak from experience that girls are WONDERFUL. You are as beautiful as always!

Cary said...

Congratulations! Girls are so much fun. You will, no doubt, have a well-dressed beauty. I am so happy for y'all.