Friday, June 21, 2013

My brown eyed boy

My baby boy is quickly approaching 2.5; he's 29 months and I just had to document what he's been up to.
Loving on his sister. Melts my heart.

First thing he does every morning - riding his horse with his cowboy hat on. 

We are full force potty training. Skittles and all. He won't appreciate this photo one day. Again, cowboy hat. Check. And, yes, he has his reading material. Justin's idea.

Trying to wear daddy's belt.

Heading to the 'farm' with dad on Father's Day.

Cheesing for the camera.

Still, to this day, he is a little charmer. He does this head tilt and sweet face when he really wants something. He'll say, "that's a good idea, isn't it mommy?" All the while he's smiling and shaking his head for me to agree. 

He's matching colors, labeling colors, and spelling colors. He'll point to the color red, and say "r.e.d. Red." 

We were in the car the other day counting. The next thing I know, Brody busts out with "UNO, dos, tres, quarto, cinco..." What? Who taught this kid Spanish? When Justin got home I asked him if he taught him (knowing that he didn't) and called my mom to ask her the same thing.  I suppose they are teaching him Spanish at school. I need to find out. 

He is a fish. My dad has been working with him and teaching him to swim, float, and kick his legs. He wants to go swimming everyday. 

He still loves to read. Part of our night time routine is that he gets to pick two books to read in bed by himself after we leave the room before he goes "night, night." 

He's OBSESSED with horses and cowboys!

He wears 24months - 2t clothes. Size 8 shoe. 

He likes to pick out his own clothes most of the time. 

He's a great helper. I put him to work to keep him occupied with something to do and then I brag on him after he accomplishes the task and it makes him feel good. 

He sleeps 7:30-8:00 PM - 6:00 -7:00 AM. Naps usually two hours each afternoon.

The boy goes HARD all day long in true boy fashion.

I could keep going, but laundry calls. :)

Love him more and more each day!

No comments: