Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend

Friday night I got to have dinner with my brothers, "the boys." They don't particularly like that phrase but that is what almost everyone we know will say, "Megan and the boys." John Bryant lives/works in Tulsa and Jeff is in Fayetteville, so it was a treat to have them home for the weekend. They are so much fun!

Jeff, Mom, Justin, Me, and John Bryant
Jeffrey, Me, John Bryant

No sleeping in this weekend. Saturday morning mom picked me up at 6 a.m. to head to Little Rock for the Race For the Cure. We met up with Nan, Beckye, and Britt downtown before the race. My aunt Beckye was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2005, battled it, and survived. She is almost 5 years cancer free, praise the Lord! A couple family friends also battled and survived Breast Cancer so we raced for them as well. The amount of people who show up is phenomenal. After the race mom and I got to see Britt (my cousin) and Phillip's house - it is super cute - she definitely has a decorators touch. While I was in Little Rock, Justin was mowing, weed eating, and presher washing the fence and concrete. My handy man!

That afternoon Justin went over to watch the Razorback game with my dad and brothers on the movie screen, and I worked on a paper. Saturday evening one of Justin's good buddies, Leah Hastings, got married in Little Rock. We had a great time! I am so bummed that I didn't take my camera - the reception was at the Little Rock Country Club and it was GORGEOUS. Probably the most beautiful flower arrangements EVER. However, I am more upset that I didn't get a picture of my hunk all suited up, lookin' good.
Heard this song at church sunday:
Hillsong - Second Chance

No comments: