Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Napa, Day 1, Part 2

As we were headed down the main strip, I spotted Robert Mondavi Winery. They have one of my favorite Pinot Noirs that J gets me at home, and it looked like a beautiful place, so we decided to stop.








Next, Matt had scheduled us an appointment at Alpha Omega Winery. This is where they did their first tasting because Mondavi winery was too full. J preferred the Souvignon Blanc they served him.
*Sauvignon Blanc is a white wine best known for its grassy, herbal flavors. Sauvignon Blanc is also called Fume Blanc, and is a popular choice for fish and shellfish dishes.

Justin, Rachel, and Matt tasting

We left Alpha Omega and headed to Merryvale.

Matt and Rachel - the newly engaged couple!

Justin and Matt posing for the camera
This was a neat room that people rent out for parties.
Did you know......most of the oak barrels have a life span of 3-4 years...J and I are trying to get into the barrel business. :)

For dinner the first night, Matt and Rachel made reservations for us at Mustards Grill. *Bobby Flay swears that Mustards has the best pork chop he's ever tasted.
So, of course, J, Matt, and Rachel had to try it out for themselves. They were all ewwwing and awwing over how tasty it was.

Day 2 coming soon!

1 comment:

Cary said...

Comments! I am so excited...I've never been able to do this!
Y'alls trip looks amazing. I can't wait to see more photos. Your blog makes me very happy.