Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend at the Lake

Well, we just got back from a wonderful and relaxing weekend at the Lake. Our little family of three met my parents and Nan at the house on Lake Hamilton.  Justin took off Friday so we could spend an extra day by the pool.  I had every intention of videoing bub all weekend and taking tons of pictures, yet I failed to do so.

Friday night we went to Fisherman's Wharf to eat dinner, so that we could eat on the lake.  After dinner we came home and my mom suggested we take a couple pictures which led to a photo session because bub was in a picture taking mood. Hints the pictures below.
 [Side note:  My mom recently got an iPad and my dad has been using it.  He viewed our blog for the first time last week, and he was giving me a hard time about there not being many pictures of the McConnell side of the family on what he calls "your page." Ha!  If you know my dad this probably comes as no surprise. So dad, this post is for you!]

Saturday, Justin got up early to play 18 holes of golf with his good buddy Kent at a Hot Springs Village course.  The rest of us enjoyed eating breakfast on the deck overlooking the Lake, and then we played in the pool, took naps, and played in the pool some more.  

Saturday night, Justin and I got to celebrate Kent turning the big 3-0!  We love the McClure's dearly, and we always have a great time when we get together. I especially loved getting to hold and play with little mister Shad.  While we were away, bub was feasting at another local restaurant with my parents and Nan.


  I love this picture because you can tell how much Brody adores my dad.



  I love this one!

four generations
 
 Hopefully we will be able to take another trip to the lake before the summer is over.  Crossing my fingers!

No comments: