Monday, June 25, 2012

17 Months


WOW!  I cannot believe it.  Today bub is 17 months. Because I have time while he is napping, I thought I would document what he's up to these days.

He is putting together more words to make phrases and sentences.  He will grab my shoes, his shoes, daddy's shoes and say "da-da shoe" "da-de shoe" "bro shoe" etc.   When Justin leaves to go to work he says "bye-bye daddy" then "da -de go."

His vocabulary is expanding.

Until just last week, our child has not sit down long enough to watch a cartoon or show on T.V.  We might have it on in the background and he just doesn't want much to do with it, unless he sees something he can point to and say.  I will say, up until  he was about 12 months we [I] was a stickler about not having him watch T.V. Anyway, now he will watch Micky Mouse Club House on Disney Jr. and he loves it.  He won't sit still the whole time to watch it, but he watches it nonetheless.  He says "Micky" and "Goofy."

He is becoming quite the little fish.  He loves being in the pool.  He gets excited when I say "let's get ready to go to the pool."

He is getting highlights in his hair from being out in the sun this summer.  

He is creating tons of art work at school, thanks to his fantastic teachers.

He is starting to strum the guitar.


He loves his "blankies."  Before bed  each night, I will give him his last cup of milk.  Immediately after, he will go into his room and get two blankies, and then he will find one of us to cuddle up next two while he finishes his milk.

He is outgoing, strong-willed, energetic, adventurous and SO sweet. 

No comments: