Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Almost 26 Months

At almost 26 months:
Brody wakes up in the morning singing or talking. He also wakes up and either 1. comes in our room to wake us OR 2. plays with his toys until we hear him and wake up. A few of his favorite songs are: wheels on the bus, abc's, Jesus loves me, old McDonald, and many more. It is one of the sweetest sounds. We transitioned him to his big boy bed/ room when he turned 2. Thankfully it was an easy, smooth transition. I hope to have a big boy room post coming soon.


The child carries on a conversation and has for quite some time. He started stringing together sentences before he turned 2. His vocabulary increases on an hourly bases. We have to be careful because he repeats EVERYTHING we say! We have determined that it is his memory. He hears something once and immediately it's etched in his memory. I think he might be an auditory learner. Like his daddy. Not me.


He is a strong-willed child. I remember reading blogs of moms who would say the exact same thing and I would think to myself "oh, really? It seems like everyone has a strong-willed child." Now, I fully understand. He can also be a sweetheart and THE MOST FUN. I usually describe this age to others as a roller coaster of emotions. He is still learning to control his emotions. Self control is still our biggest struggle. If something doesn't go his way, watch out.


Brody loves hard. He still gives hugs freely and often. He cuddles the best!


One of the new things he says and does that I love -- he likes to make others laugh and he'll look at me and say "that's punny (funny) mommy, that's punny in't it." All the while he's grinning and shaking his head for me to agree. Same thing if characters on a show are laughing about something.


We MUST acknowledge what he says. He is very persistent.


Brody dearly loves his extended family and his friends. When I pick him up from school each day, we talk about his day and he tells me all about his friends and how they played. He also shares information about who hit who, or who pushed who down and had time out. It's interesting that he is never the one to hurt anyone else. Right!


He is outgoing. He will play with anyone, and show love to anyone.


He will come up to us, randomly, without request and say " love you, mommy" "love you daddy." Melts my heart.


This is definitely the most challenging stage we have faced so far. I'm sure it may only get worse before it gets better, but I treasure and cling to those sweet moments and days. Somedays I feel like we are constantly disciplining him, and then there are stretches of days that we just have the best time - he behaves and follows directions.

He makes my heart full of joy!








No comments: