Friday, July 24, 2009

Domestic Life

I suppose I was in the mood to cook/bake yesterday. Is it just me or does it seem like preparing certain meals become an all day process? Anyway, the theme was Mexican -only because handsome loves Mexican food- and we asked mom and dad to come over to dine with us. It is so hard to just cook for two because you end up with so much left over and neither one of us enjoys left overs. I fixed Sangria to drink, a Mexican dish as the main course, cheese dip and chips, and we had strawberry, banana, blueberry trifle for dessert. Way too much food!!!


Sangria

1/4 cup of lemon slices

1/4 cup of lime slices

1/4 cup of orange slices

1/4 cup of pineapple chunks

2 cups of red wine

1/2 cups of peach rum or brandy

1 cup of orange juice

1/2 lemon/lime soda (if you desire)

3 cups of ice


Mom and I enjoyed it! Justin and Dad not so much.


Tasty Strawberry, Banana, Blueberry Trifle


Serves 12

Prep time 25 min

1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups cold milk
1 (9 inch) angel food cake, cut in cubes
3 bananas, sliced
1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed or container of fresh strawberries
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped cream
1 package of blueberries

Prepare pudding with milk according to package directions. In a trifle bowl or other glass serving dish, layer half the cake pieces, half the pudding, half the bananas, half the strawberries and half the whipped topping. Repeat layers. Cover and chill in refrigerator 4 hours before serving.

A treat for my hunk! Justin loves tea, especially sweet tea, so today I decided
-for the first time- to make him sweet tea. Like the lady at the dentist office told me, "He is such a jewel, Megan." I believe it! I am so proud to be his wife and this was just a little way to show him my love.

No comments: