Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gingerbread House

Mom and I were at Sam's this weekend and I could not resist buying a ginger bread house kit. Fortunately for Justin, I waited until he got back from his hunting trip, so WE could decorate the house together. He was thrilled. Not really.
I should have taken a picture before the blizzard (powered sugar).
Those are suppose to be ice cycles dropping from the roof. Good job honey.
side view
The house is now displayed on the hutch in the kitchen
~~~~~~
Update: I read book 1 this weekend (Dear John by Nicholas Sparks). Let me preface by saying that I am not a huge Nicholas Sparks fan, but I heard it was great and it was on sell at Sam's so I got it. Don't get me wrong, I love The Notebook and The Wedding. I'm just not obsessed with his books like some I know. Anyway, I read this book (easy read) and it was such a bummer. I am all for realistic endings, but man, disappointing. I Hope I didn't ruin it for those of you who LOVE his books and cannot wait to read the latest. Maybe you will enjoy it. Plus, it was just made into a major motion picture.
Because I was so disappointed I needed a new book FAST, so I ran out to purchase A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I have been meaning to get this one for a while now. I'll give it a review soon. Thanks for all the book suggestions. I need to borrow a couple from Ali and Mar - TWILIGHT series!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Megan, It's great to see you on here!! I have been following for a few weeks now! You will love the Twilight series!! I am sure everybody has already told you that though!! Keep in touch!!

Lauren

my blog is chanceandlauren.blogspot.com