Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter

I'm Irish, hints my maiden name, McConnell, and I will use any excuse to celebrate so, here you go........


"St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time - a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic." ~Adrienne Cook





Last night I made cake cookies with icing for J to take to work with him; however, I did not have green dye (and did not want to get back out) so the cookies are topped with chocolate icing.


One of the many things I am really looking forward to when I teach is decorating my classroom (especially in conjunction with each holiday)....ahh I get excited just thinking about it!! :) The sad thing is that now-a-days you cannot bring baked goods to school for students... I guess I will just have to get my goodies from the bakery.

Tonight we are going to dinner with another couple to celebrate this fun little holiday!


Are you wearing your GREEN today?? :)


No comments: