Friday, May 7, 2010

The Past Couple Weeks...

A couple weeks ago, one morning, I opened my car door and sat down to find this...

A sweet note from handsome saying that he loves me and to have a great day in my CLEAN car! He cleaned up the inside and outside of my car and instead of just telling me about it, he left me a sweet little note. He knows me well.

Last weekend J went on a fishing trip, so I stayed here to hold down the fort (and take care of these two).

Friday and Saturday night we encountered strong storms in our area, but Saturday night was worse. I left our house Saturday night to head over to my mom and dads to hang out, and when I ventured that way the sky was clear. Not for long. I got to their house and that's when it really started. I felt guilty that I left our dogs outside, so after one storm died down, mom went with me to my house so we could check on the dogs and put them inside. As we were driving to my house (with the weather man on the radio and my mother-n-law on the phone) we heard the sirens going off, so of course, I sped. We got to my house and the dogs were going completely nuts-o, and we heard a man's voice tell us to "take cover immediately." Um, Okay. Side note: my mom loves to watch storms, she is the one standing outside while they pass by your house. BUT in this instance when the man came over (what sounded like) the intercom mom ran inside and told me to grab a pillow and lay in the bathtub...hahah. Seconds later we found out through a local news channel that it was amazing that the funnel cloud didn't touch down because it was so low, and it would have done MAJOR damage. Here is a look at the funnel cloud mom yelled at me to come see.

Back-up, Friday night I ate pizza at mom and dads and watched "It's Complicated" on their big screen...such a cute movie. I said this before but who doesn't LOVE Meryl Streep!? She was fantastic, once again. I fell in love with her kitchen {in the movie}...




Last Sunday I got to help celebrate (shower) one of my best friends as she will be getting married in the near future. Ali and Rich were blessed with so many wonderful gifts and it was nice to sit down and visit with some of my favorite girls!

Marietta, Amber, Ali (soon-to-be bride), and me

us "showering" Ali
J picked me up from the shower and we headed to experience TOAD SUCK before it closed down. We managed to get exactly what we went for; chicken-on-a-stick, fresh queezed lemonade, corn dog, and a bag of kettle corn!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that brings us to this weekend. We are having my parents and Justin's parents over for dinner tonight to celebrate Mother's day. We love our momma's and this is just a little way to show them how much they mean to us! On the menu: Steak, twice backed potato, salad, bread, and for dessert chocolate pie and lemon ice box pie. YUM! Please excuse me, I need to get in the kitchen.
Have a great day!

No comments: