Sunday, May 8, 2011

Luckiest Girl

I’m the luckiest girl …


to have the BEST momma. She’s my best friend, encourager, supporter and she loves me for me. Always has and always will.



to have such a loving mother–in-law. She is so fun to be around and brings so much laughter into our life!


{We love you, Mom and Lisa!}


to be Brody’s mommy. It is by far my greatest accomplishment. He makes me love stronger, live better, enjoy the simple things in life, and count my MANY blessings.


To say I’ve been spoiled rotten this weekend is an understatement. Justin went above and beyond to show me how much he appreciates me and how much he [Brody and Remi…haha] loves me. He is so thoughtful. Friday when Brody and I got home from a LONG day, Justin surprised me with a new frame/burlap board for our house created by the ever–so-talented Marietta. Yesterday, Brody and I got home from a shower, and after giving us a hug and kiss, Justin tells me I need to go outside. Of course I light up because I LOVE surprises. I walked out to new patio furniture, a sweet card and a margarita waiting for me. [Side note: I’ve wanted to try Bethany Frankel’s Skinny Girl Margarita for forever. Have you tried it?? I make comments ALL THE TIME to J. Well bless his heart he goes to get it for me and the distributor is sold out. Instead he gets me two different low cal brands to try and reassures me that he’ll try again later for the Skinny girl. Precious.] Last night Justin fixed a tasty dinner for us; grilled chicken and grilled corn on the cob. Today, not only did he let me sleep in while he fed bub, he also slaved away cleaning every inch of our house. BLESSED!







Who wouldn't want to be his momma?!!!

[this picture was taken this past week after a woman at Walmart said "honey he must look like his daddy becuase he looks nothing like you." I texted it to Justin with the woman's comment and MY comment. :) Who says that to a momma. Even if it is true! ]


Happy Mothers' day to all the beautiful mom's and soon-to-be mom's!! I hope you are having the best day!

2 comments:

Cary said...

Happy Mother's Day!
I love seeing all your photos and reading your updates. I can't wait to give Brody a squeeze next weekend! I'm glad your first mother's day was a great time.
FYI, I hated the Skinny Girl margarita. I love me some Bethenney, but I poured the whole bottle down the drain after a couple sips...it is not sweet at all. I was afraid it would put hair on my chest!

Garrett and Stephanie Peters said...

I love seeing pictures of you and your little man!!! I HAVE to see him and you soon!