Saturday, January 9, 2010

The BEST series



Six months ago, before I watched the first Twilight movie, I was one of those people that seriously did NOT understand all the attention this book series was getting. I had many conversations with teachers, adults, friends, professors, and Sixth grade students about the books appeal. To be completely honest, I assumed it was a teen craze and adults were "a little different if they read and enjoyed it (much less obsessed over it)." Even my aunts and best friends, who I adore! Kidding!

Three weeks ago before I began the series I figured I might as well(while I had a little extra time) read it so that I would appease all the people in my life who say "I am telling you, Megan, you will LOVE it!" And, let's be honest, the movies are REALLY good!

I must say, to those of you who still question it's worth...this series is truly SPECIAL! I did "LOVE it!!!" The author uses vivid imagery and description that will only draw you in to read MORE. Without spoiling it for those of you who have yet to read (ahem, Am) my favorite book/books would be a tie between Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. Although, each book is wonderful.

I must admit that I will, no doubt, read the series again very soon.

Thank you for urging me to read it!

I will leave you will a new song I also like a whole lot AND it fits with the post as he sings about "Vamps."

Timberland ft. Soshy and Nelly Furtado - Morning After Dark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_U2r3fUwoo

2 comments:

Rachel Cox said...

I was the exact same way! I refused to read them just because everyone was so obsessed with them... but then someone gave me one for free, and well I couldn't turn down a free book. So I started to read it (mostly so I could prove them wrong! ha!) and was totally hooked! I read them all within a couple of weeks. Insane.

Heather said...

HEY!!!! I am SOOO excited that you "found" me and my blog!!! You "girls" are all grown up now, which makes me so OLD! ha! You look beautiful and I am so thankful that God has blessed you with a wonderful husband. I'm looking forward to keeping up with you guys through your blog now!!!
OH- and I was the exact same way on the Twilight series...I am on the third one now and I love them! :)