Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nursery and Random

Well, I just spent way too much time looking at baby bedding on Etsy. WOW! If we were having a girl I would go through Etsy to custom design her bedding because I love Amy Butler's line called 'love.' However, we are having a sweet little boy, and unfortunately I did not find fabric that I loved as much as the Serena and Lily fabric I found about a month ago. I've known what I wanted to do with his nursery, I just had to find the perfect bedding. The idea of the room is classic, chic, and serene. We don't want matchy-matchy, more eclectic pieces are what we are going for. I cannot wait to share the finished project! For now, here is a sneak peak...



As for Justin's nursery project....my in-laws saved Justin and Jon's baby cribs, and they are so kindly giving us Justin's old crib to use in the nursery! I love it for so many reasons, the most important reason being that it was J's baby bed and now it's going to be our baby boy's! It's a nice crib[27 years ago they purchased it for $600 - CRAZY!! - not to mention they got two]. It really doesn't need much work, just a new coat of paint. Most of the furniture we are using are vintage pieces that we are restoring.


On a more random note, have y'all heard Carrie Underwood's new tune, "Mama's Song" ? I love it! It takes me back to such a sweet and special time as I think about my momma and handsome. I only wish she got married around the same time I did so that I could have used the song in some form or fashion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpFW4Yhy08k



I tried a new recipe this afternoon - homemade apple bread. So now I'm going to head into the kitchen and fix a tall glass of milk with a slice (or two) of this deliciousness. I found the recipe here. As you can see from the photo below, the recipe makes a loaf of bread and 10-12 muffins.

No comments: