Saturday, October 23, 2010

Race For the Cure

I realize it is Saturday and I am just now posting pictures from last Saturday... it has been a crazy, busy week. Better late than never, right?


Last weekend, I got to hang out with my extended family as we participated in the Race for the Cure and celebrated my aunt Beckye, close family friends, and millions of other inspiring women.
Towards the middle of the race these firemen are always there to dance and throw pink and purple beads as you walk by. The music is always fun, too.
walking with family
After the actual race there is a "celebration parade" for all of the survivors, and it's by far my favorite part of the race.

There she is...hat, boa, beads, pompom and all! 5 and 1/2 years cancer free!

After the race we went back to Britt and Phillip's house for an amazing brunch! I'm talking fresh fruit, homeade quiche, breakfast casserole, and mini muffins! [Just typing it is making me want it all over again!!!]

[If you have never participated in this race, I highly recommend it!!]

No comments: