Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Love, Joy, and Thanksgiving



I've heard this song many times now and each time I am convinced it was created for me.  It is my anthem so to speak. My favorite part of this song is the monologue towards the end.  Powerful.  Convicts me every time I hear it.  I just wanted to share.

****

I also encourage anyone who hasn't read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp to read this book. She is one of the most gifted writers I've ever read.  This isn't a fun, quick read, it is an experience and it may change you in the most wonderful way. The last couple days my heart has been heavy for various reasons, and I've been amazed to find myself in a state of thanksgiving which in turn brings joy or like Ann likes to call it eucharisteo.  



Our Pastor always leaves us with a "what if" question at the end of the sermon, so here is the "what if" I propose....what if we as believers in Jesus Christ, what if we lived our lives as the proof of His love....

"I'm bankrupt without love."

No comments: