Thursday, November 12, 2009

Beauty

“It is the beauty of the created order which gives an answer to our questionings about God.”
–Richard Harries

Please listen/watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ks3R2BwyO0

Every time I hear this song I have a yearning in my heart for ladies of all ages to know their worth. Through different situations, we have all dealt with....

Insecurity, competitiveness, jealousy, anger, fear, fatigue, loneliness, etc.! We all have baggage. We all have wounds. We are burdened. We are all desiring for something more. Something that the world is incapable of providing. We want comforts, security, obedient kids, a sacrificial husband, etc. You name it. We compare, get angry, and feel lonely, tired, fearful, and insecure. It's a battle for our hearts, minds and perspective.

I am blessed with a man who shows and tells me how much he loves me, and I know it, but there are days when his words just won't do...I think it is a great thing that there is a desire in my heart that will never go away on this earth.

I love that Eve was God’s final touch; she fills a place in the world nothing and no one else can fill.
We need to change our perspective to think that it is because we are wonderful that things happen to us. We are a major threat to darkness. Like Eve, we carry around the glory of God to the world. Best of all, we are passionately loved by our creator.

Soon, I will be a teacher, and I am so excited, but even more excited that I get the privilege of being a ray of light and hope for a struggling generation. My 6th grade girl's (and boy's for that matter) know their potential to succeed, and they know how great I think they are.

"You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do, so there could never be a more beautiful you."

No comments: