Monday, November 30, 2009

One Year Celebration

A year ago yesterday

Once again, Justin pulled off a fabulous surprise! The only thing I knew Saturday was to be ready at 5:00 and dress up if I wanted to. Dress up! Duh! I'm not one to ask questions because I LOVE surprises!


We had a delicious meal, fantastic wine, great conversation and the best waiter at one of our favorite restaurants, Bone Fish. After dinner, Justin asked if I wanted to go downtown and get a drink and maybe dance. Ha, not dance. I wish. So, of course, I said YES. We were just chatting and the next thing I know we are pulling up in front of the Capital Hotel, a nice man is opening up my door, and Justin gets a couple bags from the the trunk. He says with a huge grin on his face, "Is it okay if we stay here tonight?" Man, was I a happy girl. *I suppose I should have prefaced by saying that after we got hitched last year, Justin arranged for us to stay at the Capital Hotel.


Not only did we stay at the same hotel, but in the same room. Awww. When I walked through the door I saw this.....

Rm 242
Flowers, champagne, tasty almonds, and a sweet card


Gorgeous flowers


This year Last year

SO happy

Thank you again, handsome!! To many more years together!

*****



As I was checking out at the Jewelers a couple weeks ago, the man helping me asked what the occasion was, so I told him and he said, "What's your secret? I've only been married 4 months, and I'll take any advice." My first thought was, like I said buddy, we are celebrating 1 year not 25 years, but the phrase that popped out of my mouth was, "well we just have fun together!" I told him that you eventually learn to choose your battles and let the little things go. I kept it simple. Of course I could have gone on to say something cheesy like how great it is getting to live life with my best friend!
****

Thank you all for your sweet cards and phone calls! We feel loved.

No comments: