Sunday, December 5, 2010

31 weeks



31 weeks


Stats: B is weighing in at 3-plus pounds this week and about 18 inches long, according to WTEWYE. Supposedly he is quickly approaching his birth length.



Movement: Throughout the day! The hiccups are pretty funny.



Feeling: GREAT!



Food: Still no cravings. Unless you count chocolate, which has always been a craving. :)
I most definitely took advantage of the "eating for two" last week during Thanksgiving!



Favorite moment of the week: Monday, J and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary. Our last anniversary with just the two of us. Once again, J out did himself. He made reservations at one of my favorite restaurants, surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and gave me another special surprise - a beautiful necklace. The charm on the necklace has two tiny baby feet in gold. Once B is here Justin will go back and get his name and birth date engraved on the back of the charm. I absolutely LOVE it! It was the most perfect and thoughtful gift. As for my stellar husband, he got a recliner. Yes, I said RECLINER. He has been wanting one ever since we found out about our little prince. Although I never thought I would agree to a recliner in the living room, I must admit the thing is SO comfy!




[In addition this week - because it's too good not to....]


Favorite comments recently:

One of the teachers in the lounge during lunch: [she walks in complaining about being in between sizes.] She then looks over at me and says, " Girl, get ready because your body will never be the same after you have him. This is what you have to look forward to."

My thought: Are you kidding me. How do I get brought into every weight or size conversation now? I was just minding my own business enjoying my left-over poppy seed chicken!

My reaction: Hummm....well my mom looked her best after having 3 kids, so hopefully by eating healthy and exercising I can get back in shape.

***I'm by no means saying it will be easy to get back to my pre-baby body, but come on try to stay positive. Not to mention, my body is not the same as hers. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!
------------------------

A lady out shopping: "Honey you're just glowing!" and she proceeds to make sweet comments.

My thought: Okay am I really 'glowing' or is it this basketball belly I have out in front of me?

My response: "Thank you!"

I could go on and on with all the comments I've received thus far....

If only more people (women) focused on the positive - even if it's not what they are really thinking. I say keep your mouth closed if you have something negative to say!

1 comment:

The Rippy's said...

Hey girl! I completely agree with your "comments" section! I get SOOO tired of the "just waits" and "you'll never be thin again" comments... It's so frustrating! It's like all women have the need to be Negative Nancy around a pregnant woman. It's like the old saying, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Glad I'm not the only one getting those comments! Christin Rippy