Monday, December 13, 2010

32 weeks

Please bear with me as this is a wordy post!

Stats: Brody is weighing in at almost 4 pounds now and about 18 inches long. According to WTEWE, these last few weeks its all about practice, practice, practice as he hones the skills needed to survive outside the womb, from swallowing and breathing to kicking and sucking.

Movement: Absolutely, and he is starting to be MOST active just before mommy lays her head down for a good nights sleep. :)

Because he is growing, thus my belly is growing, we are able to see my tummy ripple more as he pokes around in there.

Feeling: GREAT!

Food: I mentioned the chocolate last week....I need to stop! I use to be a huge dark chocolate fan - it was my favorite, but lately I tend to favor milk chocolate. I sit here drinking my MIL's homemade hot CHOCOLATE! :)

Favorite moment of the week: Our check-up last Thursday! I ended up having an unscheduled ultrasound and got to check on my little guy!

Here's what happened... I went in for a quick, routine two week check-up - weight, urine, blood pressure, she measured my belly, and we listened to his heartbeat. Well, normally she will comment like "oh he/you are measuring right on track" (meaning that my belly measures the week we are at), but this time she skipped over all that and just acknowledged his heartbeat being "great." I had this urge to mention to her my concern, so when she asked if I had any questions I voiced it. I asked her if she thought I was growing as I should be (my belly) because I cannot go anywhere without someone telling me my tummy is not big enough. **it is very frustrating because to me it is like they are telling me something is wrong, or I'm not doing what I should be doing. I want to tell people that I'm doing my absolute best to be as healthy as I can for my little guy and I'm eating like a CHAMP! My doc then told me that I was measuring at 30 weeks (when I should have been closer to 32 weeks). So, to easy my concern, my wonderful doctor did a quick ultrasound to make sure everything was okay with B. All is good with our little boy. The ultrasound confirmed that he is healthy and his head measured to be 31 1/2 weeks.

On another note, I also got to see that his little booty is still where his little head should be for delivery. I covet all prayers! Please pray for B to turn. I learned some tricks to do, so you can bet I will try my hardest to get him to make a move! I also want to stay calm because I know he is breech for a reason.

A close second this week would be our childbirth class. We went all day Saturday, and I soaked up as much information as humanly possible. Believe it or not, Justin also found it to be informative and he was glad that we went. Fortunately for me, J learned several massage techniques that he will practice on me until B arrives!! I'm afraid I was the girl in the class that would not stop asking questions, but like I tell my students, "you have to ask the questions to find the answers." I like to quote Mr. Einstein, "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." We also had a very interesting class experience, one of the girls in the group started having contractions and went into labor. Now I am familiar with labor contractions and what to look for because we witnessed it firsthand.

2 comments:

Cary said...

You're going to be a great mom!

Don't listen to the haters...people who choose to focus on the negative all the time are best just ignored. I grew extremely tired of people commenting on my body when I was pregnant. With Rush, my belly didn't get that huge and I was all belly...however, he came out at 9 lbs, 7 oz. You never know! People shouldn't make comments...How inappropriate! You have never been, nor will you ever be (even in your pregnancies) a big gal. God makes us all different!
I'm glad you talked to your doctor about your concerns. And, I'm glad you were put at ease with an ultrasound. What a great doctor you have! Now you don't need to worry:)

Heather said...

When I was pregnant with Connor, people told me all the time "You need to feed that baby! You aren't eating enough! You aren't big enough! etc etc." So frustrating! And of course he was totally fine! People make comments and they just really shouldn't. My OB always told me "Pregnancy should come with earplugs!" ha! It's really true, though. People always say you are either too big or too small---there is no pleasing everyone!
You are doing GREAT! Now enjoy your Christmas and these last few weeks of pregnancy....that sweet boy will be here before you know it!!!! :)