Thursday, February 18, 2010

Prayers please

I was thinking and why not use this blog as a way to lift up those in need.

I know most of our readers (because they are family and friends) believe in the power of prayer, so I ask you to join us and lift up my Aunt Tami and her family.

Here is an account of what is going on (from my aunt Beckye):

"Tami McConnell's parent's are both in critical condition and will not live much longer. I have spent the last several days in LR with the family and I can't even put into words how heart wrenching this situation is. Tami's Dad (Peck Bowman) is in a nursing home on Hwy. 10. He has cancer that has metastasized over a good part of his body. They have already called hospice in. Her mother (Lou Bowman) was admitted to UAMS last Thursday afternoon with pneumonia and possibly H1N1. She was put on a ventilator early morning hours of Friday and her health has continued to deteriorate. It has been a difficult roller coaster ride for the family the last few days. They were encouraged one minute only to see things change dramatically in a matter of hours. This has been such a shock to everybody and is compounded by the fact that Peck is in the nursing home asking for Lou and why they won't let him see her. I have never seen anyone as broken as Tami is right now. When I left the hospital tonight they were waiting for God to take her Mother home. Please continue to pray for Tami, the kids, her brother and his children. It's so hard to lose a parent but they probably aren't even going to have time to grieve for Tami's Mom before they have to grieve the loss of her Dad also. "

I cannot imagine how the family must be feeling... I also can't help but think that in a way this is special, because how many of us would say that we would love to leave this world with our spouse in hand.


Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and he brought them out of their distress. He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed. They were glad when it grew calm, and he guided them to their desired haven. ~Psalm 107:28-30

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. ~ Romans 15:13

Thank you for your prayers!! We love you all!

1 comment:

Rachel Cox said...

Oh girl... that is heartbreaking! I am praying!!!!