Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Weekend

Well, we had our weekend all planned out, but "things changed." Justin was suppose to go on a goose hunt with some buddies, but due to the weather (and no geese) they didn't go. It worked out that he didn't leave town because his twin, Jon, ended up having emergency surgery (appendix was removed) early Saturday.

Saturday morning Justin left for the hospital, while I prepared brunch for great friends. Amber and Marietta came over for french toast, fruit, sausage, mimosas, and lots of catching up! (Al, if you're reading this...we missed you!)

Saturday evening we went our separate ways, again...Justin went to watch the Hogs play and eat deer meat at a friends house, and I went to a shower in Little Rock. My sweet friends Jill and Sarah hosted a bridal shower at their house for the bride-to-be, Anne. It was such a fun shower! I was able to catch up with dear friends that I do not get to see enough - hints the reason why I don't have many pictures - I was too busy chatting!!

Emily, Amber, Valorie, and Caroline

The hostesses with the bride
Erin, Megan, Anne, Jill, and Sarah


The beautiful dinning room & food table
Sunday afternoon we went to the visitation for my aunt Tami's parents. (In reference to the last post, they each passed away, less than 48 hours apart.) Their funeral was Monday and it was a special celebration of two lives. Please continue to pray for the Lord to comfort the family and bring peace.

No comments: