Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snack and Recipe

Just down the hall from my office there's a Java coffee shop that sells Farley's Fruit Snacks....

I cannot help myself. I stop in to purchase at least one bag per week. I make up excuses for myself like oh you worked out this morning, you need a treat while you sit for 5 hours and read journal articles online, or you had a salad for lunch....SOMEONE STOP ME!!! I suppose I am trying to admit that I have a "gummy" problem.


******

Last weekend Justin made these tasty sweet potato fries. Semi healthy and delicious!


Ingredients

3 medium size sweet potatoes- peeled & sliced into 1/4 inch strips
1/2 cup of oil
salt to taste

Directions
In a frying pan heat oil.
Fry the sweet potatoes in batches. Place enough sweet potatoes in the frying pan to make one layer.
Fry until the sweet potatoes start to become crisp and little bubbles begin to form on their sides. This should take 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove the sweet potatoes to a paper towel covered plate to soak the excess oil.
Salt to taste and serve.

Serves 4

Cooking time: 15 min

** To make it a little bit healthier, we use Smart Balance Omega Cooking Oil (BTW, if you shop at Kroger it is on sale right now). Its natural blend of canola, soy and olive oils provides 1140 mg of Omega-3s per serving. This precise blend of polyunsaturates and monounsaturates helps to balance the saturated fats you consume in meat, fish and dairy foods.

No comments: