Sunday, August 1, 2010

Our Surprise-Blessing!

Well I can officially announce that I am 13 weeks (and one day) pregnant!!

WE'RE HAVING A little BABY!!!!!

I haven't been feeling the best, to say the least, but instead of the details of how I'm feeling I want to focus this post on the positive notion that we are beyond excited as the SHOCK is starting to wear off! Our family and friends have been SO GREAT to encourage, support, and best of all just be thrilled for us!

One day, after noticing some pregnancy symptoms (one being very obvious), I decided to take a test. Well not only did I take a single test...I TOOK FIVE!! I spent too much money not believing the sign that reads "pregnant." I know it seems so silly, but honestly I wish someone would have videoed that moment because I was in complete SHOCK!

I would love to say that I did something super creative and sweet to announce to Justin that we were having a little one, but, truth is, it wasn't at all. Justin was in shock too, at first, but his wore off fast as he flipped on an excited switch. It definitely took me longer to accept, but that doesn't mean I am not extremely happy now.

I've been learning a ton, one of which is the affirmation that "my plan" is not always the best plan, and "when life throws you lemons, make lemonade." Okay, okay so the last one was just funny.

Justin has been the best! One day, not to long after we found out, he came home with flowers for me and sweet words of affirmation.

Our little one at 8 weeks

"baby s" at 13 weeks and a day


I debated about whether or not to do a preg. meg pic.... and then decided that the blog is mainly for us to keep up with our adventure as a family and this is part of it. Sorry about the picture quality but this is me yesterday. I'm learning. I suppose next time I will get Justin to take the picture so that it is easier to see. We have yet to see a bump, but man do we want to!!

We had our second doctors appointment today and the babe looks great! Our doctor is actually 90% certain of the sex!!! I cannot express to you our excitement! I will announce it soon. Until then feel free to leave us a comment predictinig what you think it is.


Coming soon: The Reveal! How we told our family and best friends.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh Megan, I could not be more excited for you!! You are such a sweet girl, and Seth and I both think you are going to be an amazing mother!!! Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see your progress!!

Heather said...

Congratulations!!!!! You are going to be a wonderful mother! I am sooooo happy you are going to post "preg Meg" pics!!! That just might be the cutest thing I have ever heard! Can't wait to follow your baby journey!!! Congrats, again! I'm praying for you and that sweet baby! (I can't decide if I think it is a boy or girl...)

marietta said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I've been waiting to read this on your blog! Love you guys!

The Mitchells said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am sooooooo happy for you two!!! Okay, so I'm guessing it's a BOY for sure! I can't wait to meet baby!