Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Celebrations

As I stated earlier, J and I went on our first date post Brody last Friday to celebrate J's birthday. I was in heaven because I got to eat my most favorite meal - pecan encrusted grouper and enjoy a glass of wine. These two things were forbidden while I was pregnant, so I thoroughly enjoyed myself with my hunk.



Here we are about to head out

Lolly kept this little guy

Saturday we took our first trip to L.R. so we could celebrate Justin and Jon's birthday with the whole Swann clan. This was a big day for B. While we were there bub met his great grandmother, and some of this great aunts, along with a slew of cousins. I have to say the sweetest thing was when Malyn (our niece) met Brody. She was precious with him and she didn't want to leave his side. I think they will be good buddies!

When we got home later that afternoon Brody got to meet his 'Aunt' Ali. We are so happy that she happened to be in town for her nephews Baptism because we love any chance to visit with her!

Sunday, among a host of other things, we ventured out for our first family walk. Or should I say stroll. Remi even joined us. This was so refreshing to be outside on a gorgeous day. B loved it and pretty much snoozed the entire time.

Yesterday (Monday) B had an ultra sound done on his hips at the imaging center. We should here back, soon - hopefully today. Due to his position in my tummy, our doctor is taking precaution to make sure everything is okay with his hips. We've been double diapering him since he was born to help keep his legs down. After that appointment we headed over to our pediatricians office to do a weight check. Brody now weighs 7lbs 4.5oz. He gained a full pound in one week! Mommy and Daddy are oh-so-very happy!!

Now, we are about to take newborn pictures!

2 comments:

kate said...

Looks like little guy is doing so well!! I have a picture of the first time Wes and I went out for dinner by ourselves, and it was so wonderful and so weird at the same time. Thanks for the update! You are looking beautiful, momma!!

marietta said...

You look great, Meg! Glad ya'll got to go out for Justin's bday!